Enfield Play Park Area
Background
Enfield Park was given to the Town Council on 9 August 1922 by Mr Tingcombe. There are three distinct areas of the park: the entrance, which is fronted by the A39 has a surfaced area, a band-stand and public toilets and is frequently used for events. In medieval days, long before there was a bridge, there was a chapel at the entrance of the park for people to pray for courage on crossing the Camel of for thanks on having successfully crossed it.
The “formal area” through the gates, houses the mural (completed by the community, local artist Sk8tch and Sir James Smith’s Community School in 2018 with FEAST funding.
There is also outside gym equipment, BBQ area and a grassed area where children can play and where events are held, such as Music in the Park. A circular path leads to the “wildlife area” with a meadow and a pond. A bird hide was installed in 2019.


Enfield Park Play
This area has been designed especially for under 12s. The play area was refurbished in 2018 with a £35,000 grant secured from GWR’sCustomer and Communities Improvement Fund (CCIF) and s106 development money, to revitalise Enfield Park Play area whilst promoting the heritage of Camelford Station.
The play structures and adventure trail depict the North Cornwall Railway Line that used to run from Halwill Junction to Padstow. A wonderful train play structure, railway station waiting room and child friendly information boards and station signs, are strategically placed around the park, to create an imaginative, explorative and fun flow of play.
Equipment also includes slides, swings, baby swings, bridge, balance and wobble boards, see-saw and basket swing. Next to the secure play area, there is also a zip wire, which was replaced in 2020.

